Bindlestiff Family Cirkus seeks an Advertising and Sponsorship Coordinator
Job Title: Coordinator, Sponsorships and Promotions, Bindlestiff Family Cirkus
Part-time, average 5 hours per week, with potentially more hours in lead-ups to specific events
Salary: $20 per hour
Contact: Laura Siegel firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: Coordinator will be responsible for soliciting businesses for promotional partnerships, sponsorships and program ad placements. Upcoming / ongoing opportunities include print programs (Bindlestiff’s ongoing Open Stage at Dixon Place; “A Cardboard and Duct Tape Spectacular” at The Connolly Theater, the 2017 NYC Unicycle Festival, First of May Award for emerging artists) and special events, such as Bindlestiff’s participation in The Smithsonian 2017 Folklife Festival. The work will build upon a successful 2016 sponsorship campaign, with numerous resources available to the new Coordinator.
* Conducting an outreach campaign to a large number of businesses, from local shops to international chains
* Securing sponsorship agreements
* Selling ad placements for printed, full-color programs
* Contacting potential sponsors face-to-face, on the phone, and over email
* Persistently and consistently communicating with potential sponsors
* Seeking out vendors for 2017 NYC Unicycle Festival
* Brainstorming new potential targets
* Connecting Bindlestiff to the communities in which it is presenting and producing work
* Using internet research to uncover corporate phone numbers and points of contact
* Arranging for graphic design and production of printed materials i.e. programs, sponsor banners, ads, etc.
* Adjusting/upgrading the 2016 sponsor pack for 2017
* Upkeeping communications with Bindlestiff to track progress. Weekly email communication and bi-weekly phone meetings with Bindlestiff admin staff, office and social media managers.
The Coordinator will be trained by Bindlestiff’s Advertising and Promotions Manager, and will then be expected to operate in an independent, self-motivated fashion.
* Motivation, creativity, and flexibility
* Communication and People skills
* Graphic design / layout / desktop publishing fluency
* Some daytime flexibility to reach out to potential sponsors during work hours
* Google Drive familiarity
Bindlestiff Family Variety Arts, Inc. uniquely combines America’s outstanding folk traditions of circus, sideshow, vaudeville, storytelling, and burlesque. Bindlestiff hosted its first Bindlestiff Family Cirkus Winter Cabaret in 1995 in Brooklyn, New York. Since then we have presented over 450 of the world’s top artists in the circus and variety fields. The annual Winter Cabaret has appeared in ten different Off Off and Off Broadway theaters in NYC, and the Bindlestiff Family Cirkus has toured 35 American states and performed in a dozen international festivals and events. Activities include performances and touring of original shows; youth and educational programs (Cavalcade of Youth, Cirkus After School) ; support of emerging artists (First of May Award, Bindlestiff’s Open Stage); public outreach (NYC Unicycle Festival)